Venice Art Biennale 2019 Map Planner Journal: Your Ultimate Pocket Guide for the 58th Venice Biennale: Info-packed listings & maps for over 200 ... own writing & sketches (Art World Explorer)
Author: Vici MacDonald
Number Of Pages: 120
Publisher: Reverse Press
Release Date: 08-05-2019
A POCKET GUIDE TO THE 2019 VENICE BIENNALE
In 2019 the world-famous Venice Art Biennale celebrates its 58th edition, titled ‘May You Live in Interesting Times’. There is so much art to see that it can be difficult to keep track – unless you have this indispensible planner. Created by the former editor of Art World magazine, an expert at making art guides, it is thoroughly researched and up-to-date. It has been thoughtfully arranged with the end-user in mind, and includes the following sections:
- INTRODUCTION & CONTENTS (pages 2-7): A brief introduction to this guide and the Venice Biennale, including opening times and ticket details. As well as a contents page for the guide, there is a blank contents spread with space to list page numbers for your own notes and visuals.
- MAPS: VENICE, GIARDINI, ARSENALE (pages 8-15): Every exhibition listed in this guide is marked on these maps, making it easy to see at a glance which art shows are near to each other, and the closest waterbus stops. The numbers cross-refer to the Exhibition Checklist, which has full details.
- EXHIBITION CHECKLIST (pages 16-57): All 101 official Biennale shows (90 National Pavilions and 21 Collateral Events), plus 30 selected general exhibitions, are listed in alphabetical order. Includes addresses, times, descriptions, check boxes to tick off those seen, and space for your own comments.
- ARTIST CHECKIST (pages 58-73): Listed in alphabetical order, all 84 individual artists in the main exhibition, ‘May You Live In Interesting Times’. Includes check boxes to tick off those seen, and space to add your own notes and ratings.
- JOURNAL FOR NOTES & VISUALS (pages 74-119): A 42-page section for adding your own responses to the Biennale. Comprises 22 blank lined pages for writing notes such as reviews, ideas, and things to do, plus 20 unlined pages for sketches, scraps, visual notes, and general freeform thinking.
Package Dimensions: 9.0 x 6.0 x 0.3 inches